Monday, August 15, 2011

I know there’s a place I can go and be safe


Alternative House is a really good place to be whenever you’re having problems at home. As soon as I walked in Alternative House, the staff treated me good. Ashley gave me a toothbrush & toothpaste – anything I needed until my mom came by and dropped off my stuff. The staff here is amazing. They’re the nicest people I’ve ever met. They show you they care about you and they discuss topics and answer questions that you have. The counselors help you and I trust them enough to open up and talk about the personal issues at home. They give the best advice and help you work on whatever things you feel you have to work on. Alternative House is one of the best places I have ever been in. I feel safe and now I am going to work on myself. I learned to listen better and whenever I’m angry I will find the best solution and never walk out whenever I get mad or not get what I want. I feel like a better person.

I am going to truly miss the counselors and the other staff because they’re like my family now. In the little time I’ve been here I can already say all of this. If I ever have a problem at home, I know there’s a place I can go and be safe. There is always room for improvement, nobody is perfect and there are people in the world that care about someone like me. Alternative House helps you solve problems you are facing at home. They make you realize what is important in life. People, such as friends come and go, but family there is only one. Think about the positive things in life and try not to think about the negatives. If you feel like you don’t have anybody there for you or feel alone and are in need of advice they have a 24 hour crisis line. Don’t ever think you are alone in life because you are not. My stay here at Alternative House has been fun and I know if I ever need advice on a personal home situation, they’re here for me. Thank you Alternative House. My stay here has been the best. I’m going to miss you guys a lot and I will visit you guys whenever I can.

Shelter Resident (age 15)

No comments:

Post a Comment