Thursday, February 23, 2012

Knit One, Pearl Two

The other day I was walking through the kitchen area in our Emergency Shelter for Teens. One of the boys was doing a macramé project so I stopped to talk with him about it. I mentioned I was learning to knit. He said he always wanted to learn. I happened to have my knitting in the car so I brought it in to show him. He was very interested and asked many questions. That night I told Ann the woman who is teaching me to knit this story. She had mentioned a few weeks earlier that she would be happy to teach the teens to knit. I hadn’t thought there would be any interest on their part. Now there is. Ann is coming to the Shelter on Friday as a volunteer to give Mark his first knitting lesson. I will let you know how it goes.

Gina Cocomello

No comments:

Post a Comment