Monday, January 17, 2011

A young visitor in my office

I was working in my office, on the second floor of our Emergency Shelter for Teens. From downstairs I heard a baby crying. I knew instantly it was a very young baby. You know how their crying is different. A few minutes later Angela the program coordinator for our Assisting Young Mothers Program came upstairs. She was holding a two month old baby boy. His name is Mikeas. His mother was downstairs meeting with another staff person and Angela was caring for him. Of course we made a big fuss over him in his tiny blue pajamas. He has a full head of dark hair and his cry is very loud. But he calmed down while Angela was walking him around perched on her shoulder. What a nice break to have Mikeas and Angela visit my office. Now back to work.

Gina Cocomello

No comments:

Post a Comment